I'm not sure what procedure you are talking about with the 'historic'
values.

As far as the HP1000 driver is concerned, it looks at the last date in the
weewx database and then queries the weather station for any records it has
for after that date. Therefore it typically only downloads historic data
since the last time the driver talked to the weather station (often hours
or perhaps a day or two).

Even when I was testing it out (about a year ago), I managed to download
all of the data from the weather station back to about September 2016. I
know that this is the "my light bulb works; don't know why yours is broken"
defence but I do know that it *can* work.

Also, does the weewx database hold the historic data for you? You might not
be able to push that back to the weather station but does that really
matter?

Susan