Fair enough. I use Gimp to make them 60% transparent so it doesn't distract from the info. Wanted to try, and if I don't like it, I won't use it.

On 12/9/2018 9:43 AM, Pat wrote:
Hi John, I don't have plans right now to include that level of customization with the base theme because I'll never be able to keep everyone happy :)

You can make your own watermarks, or background changes if you want on your own install though! Edit the skins/Belchertown/style.css and on line 12 is for HTML, you can add your background there just like you did for your about page.

Restart weewx, and wait for the archive generation to copy the updated CSS to your site.

The problem is - as you'll see in the attached image example - is that the main container's background is all white because you want to be able to read text and see images on the site. Having a busy background can distract from the info. The container of the website is 1200px wide and gets smaller as your screen gets smaller (mobile screen, etc). So for example you could get fancy with a background that has a 1200px center section "missing" then your sidebar areas could have the background you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 10:13:21 AM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

    BTW, if you look on my weather page ( weather.w0avq.org
    <http://weather.w0avq.org> ) and click on "about" you can see what
    I mean about a "watermark" for the site. Was just thinking out
    loud that it would be nice to do if it weren't too much of a hassle.

    -------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject:    Re: [weewx-user] Re: Belchertown Skin 0.8.1 released
    Date:       Sun, 9 Dec 2018 08:19:58 -0600
    From:       John Clark <w0a...@gmail.com> <javascript:>
    To:         weewx...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>

    Would be convenient to have it on the "front page" with the
    "normal" temp.

    On 12/9/2018 3:47 AM, Colin Larsen wrote:
    Hi John

    I see wind chill on your charts/graphs, were you looking to have
    it someplace else?

    73
    Colin, ZL2ARL
    41south.net.nz <http://41south.net.nz>

    On Sun, 9 Dec 2018, 22:34 John Clark <w0a...@gmail.com
    <javascript:> wrote:

        Just a query asking if it is a setting I missed, but I see no
        wind chill display. Secondly, and this is just a thought from
        a cosmetic standpoint, but the possible inclusion of a
        background "watermark" for aesthetics. (snow for the winter,
        etc) Thought I had it accomplished on my reports but every
        ftp update wrote over my changes (sigh). Still and all,  I am
        quite satisfied with how weather.w0avq.org
        <http://weather.w0avq.org> looks.