Dave,

That sounds like a great feature addition. I'd appreciate you sharing a
copy of the script with me after you write it. In my implementation, the
rsync "skin" gives me an offline copy of the database each night (or more
or less often) and I can set a scheduled job to run your script against the
offline copy automatically. If if finds that the database is corrupted, I
can go back to an earlier database snapshot created by the Synology
software. I like it!
phil