Sadly, I haven't thought of that!  haha!  I'm down this road a bit now so
hope to see it through.  But if I end up doing a rebuild, that's a definite
possibility.  I've struggled quite a bit to stabilize the host (windows)
but think I'm about there.

I did see someone else have success with this setup after he brought the
console down to 9600bps.  I suppose I could try that.  He was passing
through a serial port from windows for some reason, however.  (Instead of
the USB device itself)

I do think my issue is somewhere / somehow with the USB passthrough.  But,
because I have another device passing through without issue, I thought this
may be fixable.

Thanks for the suggestion!