I am moving over from Cumulus to weeWX both running on a RPi, both talking
to a VP2 Console, and both ftp'ing the generated web pages to my Web Server
on another box..  I had no problems getting weeWX running on the RPi with
the standard options.

Now I am trying to import my old Cumulus data (going back to 2011) to the
SQLLite DB and causing myself much confusion.  After several hours, I
believe I have the process squared away now, but I still have a couple of
questions that I am not sure about.  Part of my confusion came from not
running wee-import as sudo initially and generating thousands of read-only
database errors in syslog.  After figuring that out, I narrowed down what I
was trying to import and then using NOAA reports to verify that the data
was properly imported.  This caused more confusion as some of the reports
were completely blank and some only had partial data even though it
appeared all the records had been imported to SQLLite without any errors.

While reading another group post, I found that someone deleted their NOAA
files and let weeWX regenerate them.  After doing the same thing on my RPi,
I fixed my missing NOAA report info issue.  So that leaves my two questions:

1. I assumed (we all know that didn't go well) that weeWX would recognize
there was new info added to the DB and regenerate the previous NOAA
reports.  Apparently though, those files are only generated if they are
missing.  Is that correct?  So if I wanted to regenerate the entire
/var/www/html/weewx directory, I could just delete the files from it and at
the next archive interval weeWX would regenerate it?

2. I also read in another post about importing Cumulus files in ascending
date order and running 'wee_database --drop-daily' if that was not done. In
reviewing wee_database I see there is also a --check option and a
--rebuild-daily option. Since I have been bouncing around chronologically
doing my imports (I thought there might be an issue with Cumulus v1.9.1 ->
v1.9.4 log files which I have), should I run one or more of the
wee_database options after my imports are completed to verify there are no
issues with the DB?  Does weeWX need to be stopped when running
wee_database?

Thanks