Wow, I am reviving an old one but I face the same issue. My original
Channel 1 humidity sensor died and there are no reliable replacements to be
found. So I purchased an add-on outdoor temp & humidity sensor. So I need
channel 2 to be the default to send data to Weather Underground. I am also
making the move from Cumulus on a Windows Home Server V1 to weewx on a
Raspberry PI, so I am a bit in the weeds. Looks like it is just a matter to
modify the driver file to change the mappings for the channels. John, did
you solve this problem by chance?