Matt & Vince,

Mine is also Linux PI3BUSB 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT
2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Of course I used the lite because it was headless. Since this is a 3B+ I
flashed the image (using Etcher) onto a SanDisk 32G UltraFit USB (wanted to
see if I could get a weewx Pi that stays up for years like Tom's but by
using USB vice SD) but I don't think that made a diff.
[2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-lite.img]
Maybe I'll ask on Pi forum.
Okay so we can mark this [solved]! (but I see there's no way to do so, or
edit Subj, on google forums?)
Thanks all.    --Phil