Tom and Vince:

Should I leave Weewx running as is or should I comment out the debug_memory
= True line, and switch back to the original engine.py?

I have cut and pasted the information you asked for, Tom. If it ends up
being the driver, I could always use an old version I have (11rc3) and see
if that is any better. I will say that I was never sure why the driver
changed. The old one seemed to work fine, and the new one does not correct
the console clock like the old (I had posted about this in the past).

Result of lsusb:

Result of dmesg: