That's the version that's included in the debian package python-serial.

Looking through the pyserial change log
<https://github.com/pyserial/pyserial/blob/master/CHANGES.rst>, I don't see
any obvious patches for memory leaks between v3.2.1 and v3.4.

The only major difference (besides API details) I see between the Ultimeter
and the Vantage drivers, is that the former uses the method readline(),
instead of read(), but it's hard to see how that would lead to leaks.

You can try upgrading to v3.4 and see if that helps. First remove the
Debian package, then use pip:

*sudo apt remove python-serial*
*sudo pip install pyserial*

-tk