I have been using weewx  for several years and needed to move to another
server. It is a 32 bit box running opensuse tumbleweed, which is a rolling
release. I first installed 3.8 and the rpm failed at some point due to a
scriplet error. when I tried to uninstall it says not there when I try to
install it says it is already there.  The solution I chose was to grab 3.9
and run an Upgrade. Well it gave the same error and the same problem. All
of the basic files are there but I have the following issues:

1) opensuse has never used var for the web server directory and even on 3.6
I had to move the files from there to the server root. SUSE uses
/srv/www/htdocs/(your servers directory)
2) On this version(tumbleweed) the rc files will not start but I found the
systemd stuff on github  (thankyou)
3) I am not sure what was left undone other than the server root directory
did not install in /var

Weewx is not running yet but I am going to try to manually repair whatever
is stopping it as right now I dont know what else to do.

These are the messages that I got during the process

saving previous config as /etc/weewx/weewx.conf-3.8.2
merging configs into /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf-3.8.2
Saved configuration to /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
redirecting to systemctl stop weewx.service
Failed to stop weewx.service: Unit weewx.service not loaded.
redirecting to systemctl start weewx.service
Failed to start weewx.service: Unit weewx.service not found.
warning: %post(weewx-3.9.0-1.suse.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 5

 rpm -e  weewx-3.9.0-1.suse.noarch.rpm
error: package weewx-3.9.0-1.suse.noarch.rpm is not installed

More info: The machine is an old dell with 4gb ram. It is running opensuse
tumbleweed  32 bit in headless mode.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!