If you look
at /lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service.d/disable-with-time-daemon.conf

# don't run timesyncd if we have another NTP daemon installed
*ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/ntpd*
ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/openntpd
ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/chronyd
ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/VBoxService

So it's completely disabled with NTP