Tom
On my previous system I had files edited or created, including,
weewx/bin/user/extensions.py, lakedata.py, and weewx/bin/weewx/units.py
(which I remember you saying something a few years ago about how I should
not have had to edit that, but I couldn't get it to take my added lake
fields without doing so, and commented about that in extensions.py)

If you want, I'll post the contents of those files, but I'm thinking about
redoing the way I do this, if I can get it to work, the way you say it's
intended.
I'd really like to not kluge this together like I think I might've in the
old 3.6.2 set up.

Thanks --