In my BYO station I noticed strange notches in the barometer graph that I
cannot explain

Since barometer is calculated by weewx in this case I am trying to
understand the cause, I cannot imagine that the formula for calculating
barometer from pressure will cause this.  If anyone has any idea what the
cause might be I would appreciate some insight.  Below is a screen grab of
the barometer and altimeter plot.  Note the altimeter is smooth when the
big downward notch is evident in the barometer plot, starting around 1am.
Since barometer depends on temperature I also include the outTemp plot for
comparison.  At the time there was no sudden change in temperature that
could affect barometer.

Note that I am on Weewx 3.8.2 with Interceptor Driver.  As the station is
BYO, all derived variables are calculated - the station only reports
pressure and weewx calculates altimeter and barometer.

[image: barometer.JPG]

[image: outtemp.JPG]