On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 11:17:36 AM UTC-7, bell...@gmail.com wrote:

> Gary,
> Thanks for your insight. My current use case is to augment the data from
> an existing weather station that may be using hardware generation. So, I
> can't rely on StdArchive to perform the software generation of the
> additional data. Even if I could, and bound the processing to a
> NEW_LOOP_PACKET event, I'd still have the challenge that there could be 0
> to n messages received from MQTT between NEW_LOOP_PACKET events.

Take a look at the weatherflow-udp driver. It listens for UDP broadcasts
that are in JSON format and seeds weewx's database with the pertinent
values, mapped in weewx.conf.   It's pretty similar in concept to you
subscribing to MQTT messages that might be partial measurements...it just
has different types of JSON observations it's grabbing the good stuff out
of.

FWIW, the result is exactly what I get from writing my own listener to
influxdb and processing it with grafana into a dashboard - so it's
definitely doing the right thing re: getting various partial measurements
into weewx.  Theoretically if you replaced its 'listen for udp broadcasts'
with the mqtt subscription differences, maybe you'd be able to get there.