On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 10:41:08 AM UTC-4, Bruce Butkus wrote:

> It seems this one is reporting an absolute value of -16, (-16c = 5f) but
> it's reporting that as f
> The other thing I noticed is that the blechertown report shows it as ()
> not (f) as the other graphs show. So maybe the scemea is messed up in the
> DB?

i assume that you have already extended the schema to include extraTemp8 -
the wview schema (which is the default schema for weewx) only goes to
extraTemp7

when you extend the schema, you must also (separately) define the units for
the new fields that you add to the schema

if you do not define units, then weewx does not know how to do any
conversions

assuming that you have a field extraTemp8 in your database,

import weewx.units
weewx.units.obs_group_dict['outTemp8'] = 'group_temperature'

the typical place to put this is in the file extensions.py in the weewx
user directory.

see the section "assigning a unit group" in the weewx customization guide.

http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#Assigning_a_unit_group