Hi All,
I have my WeeWx running well on my Pi. The Pi is running a server that
hosts the pages and I can access from anywhere on my lan. Awesome!
I also have a Synology server, that can host webpages, and is setup to
receive incoming traffic on port 80. It also has Rsync capability. So in
theory, I should be able to start the rsync skin, and copy the html_root
folder of whatever 'skin' i set in the root folder to copy to my /web/ so
that I can host it.
however Im not having any luck getting the working.
I have a passwordless user on my synology server, set the rsync skin server
to the ip of the synology server, user name, and html_root to my /weewx/
directory, but when it runs that 'skin' it hangs.
meaning weewx still continues to acquire data, but the reports never run
again.
Is there an easier way to do this? I have the weather34 skin running on the
synology server now, and it easily grabs the realtime.txt from the Pi on
its webserver, is there a way to just code a page to just call the files on
the pis server instead?