Hey, WeeWX'ers!  =D

Lots of improvements made to my watchdog script(s).

1)   wunderfixer is now decoupled, except in conjunction with an outage.

It means that even if dowufixer=1 (enabled), it will only run if it is within a
certain time-frame after an outage (watchdogsecs * repeatwufixer).
With the defaults, wunderfixer runs every 10 minutes, six times, i.e. spread
over an hour after an outage.

2)  A separate weewx_wunderfixer wrapper is provided to run separately twice a
day.
See readme for recommendations.  This change and #1 above is in the spirit of
lowering the amount of "gratuitous" calls to WU infrastructure, while still
attempting to keep WU up-to-date a soon as possible after an outage.  The main
purpose of the weewx_wunderfixer is to compute today's and yesterday's dates
and run against both, just to be extra sure that there are no gaps on the WU
side.  Decoupling now means those actions only occur twice a day, instead of
every watchdogsecs (e.g. every 10 minutes by default), plus a default of 6 more
times after an outage.

3)  The running status of weewx is now explicitly checked, which is in part to
catch an outage sooner, in case weewx crashed very recently after a cron
interval.
A similar check is now added after a weewx restart attempt, which avoids a
double watchdogsecs wait (allows back to back weewx restart and host reboot
remediations, which is especially nice in the case of a USB / firmware hang).

4)  Improved and more consistent logging with a running history of status and
remediation steps the beginning of the current pass of weewx_watchdog.

That one proved more challenging than expected due to a 1024 line-length
limitation somewhere in the middle between the host and my inbox.  A simple
"fmt -s -w 1024" did the trick.  I woulda had this update out sooner, were it
not for that one!  LOL

The latest 1.1.0 version is over here:

https://github.com/UberEclectic/weewx/tree/watchdog/examples/watchdog

Regards,
\Leon
--
Leon Shaner :: Dearborn, Michigan (iPad Pro)