I am not sure what was done either. However, the setup.py that was included
in the post is a modified version of the WeeWX setup.py, I can only surmise
it was modified and used. Agree 100% that for setup.py you need to manually
install any additional packages, the recommended way to do that is to
manually install them from the command line and not by modifying setup.py

Gary