I use opensprinkler pi, but locally on my network and do not connect to OS
in the cloud at all. Following the demise of WU from OS I switched weewx to
upload also to OWM which worked fine except that OWM will only give pws
data back via the API - so OS could only get local area data rather than
station specific dsata.  So I now get the Zimmerman data from OWM using the
OWM API and then set the Waterlevel in OS using the OS API via a cron job
30 mins before watering is due.  This seems to work quite well - and I get
to see the OS area water level most of the time and my station specific
level close to watering time.!!