OK, so WeeWX runs fine, the issue is purely one of WeeWX not starting after
a reboot.

So was that log extract the startup of WeeWX as part of a reboot? I'm
guessing not if your problem is that WeeWX does not start after a reboot.
What is in the log on reboot?

Might also help to know what instructions you followed, I run WeeWX on a
number of RPis and my log looks nothing like that. Setting WeeWX to run as
a daemon on boot <http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#Running_as_a_daemon>
is as simple as copying a file, changing a file permission and creating a
link. When I see something like 'Started Daemon to control my Weewx weather
station.' I am wondering if something else has been modified.

Gary