I was following nginx server instructions I found, which were as follows:

   1. At this point WeeWX is technically installed, however many
   individuals will want to present the WeeWX reports via webpage.  In this
   case, we’ll install nginx, which is a lightweight webserver
      1. *sudo apt-get install nginx*
         1. More details on this can be found here:
         http://www.weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#integrating_with_webserver
      2. Configure WeeWX to minimize disk IO
      1. Why do we need to do this?  Since Raspberry PI’s leverage SD
      cards, there is typically a finite number of reads/writes to the SD Card.

      In this case, it is recommended to either leverage an external
      database/fileserver for WeeWX to write its reports.  Alternatively, we
can
      also configure WeeWX to leverage ram to host the reports, which will
      prevent IO to the SD card (in this case, theoretically increasing the
life
      of the drive)
         1. Three approaches are outlined here
         <https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Minimize-writes-on-SD-cards>–in
         this guide I’ll reflect the GitHub page in saving reports to a
temporary
         file system using tmpfs
            1. Add an entry to fstab
               1.

               *echo "weewx_reports /var/weewx/reports tmpfs
size=20M,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0" | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab*

               2. Mount the new file system
               1. *sudo mkdir -p /var/weewx/reports*
               2. *sudo mount -a*
            3. Update weewx.config file to point to new directory
               1.

               *sudo sed -i -e 's%HTML_ROOT =.*%HTML_ROOT =
/var/weewx/reports%' /etc/weewx/weewx.conf*

               4. Restart WeeWX service
               1. *sudo service weewx restart*
            5. Create symbolic link to point webserver to the reports
               1. *sudo ln -s /var/weewx/reports /var/www/html/weewx*
            6. Give the web server the ability to read from the directory
               1. *sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/html/weewx*

At this point, go ahead and browse out to *http://youripaddress/weewx/
<http://youripaddress/weewx/>* to see your weather. (end)

Should I try to undo all this, and where should the html files be?

I have looked at the index.html in the following directories:

/home/weewx/public_html/index.html

/var/wewx/reports/index.html

/var/www/html/wewx/index.html

They each show the same simulator page. Where else can I look?

Where could I look to see if there are reports, without going through a web
page? If I can see data that weewx is collecting then I'll worry about how
to get it into a web page.

thanks again.