OK I made that change. Now I'm getting this. This errors out much quicker
than before.

Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/manager.py", line 1216, in _addSingleRecord
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****
_day_summary.addRecord(record, weight=_weight)
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/accum.py", line 260, in addRecord
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****      func(self, record, obs_type,
add_hilo, weight)
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/accum.py", line 319, in add_value
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****      self[obs_type].addSum(val,
weight=weight)
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/accum.py", line 95, in addSum
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****      "got type '%s' ('%s')" %
(type(val), val))
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****  ValueError: accum:
ScalarStats.addSum expected float or int, got type '<type 'long'>'
('3840714016')
Oct 25 20:15:15 weather weewx[783]: ****  Exiting.