Hi,

I finally set up a new Linux box (Ubuntu 18.03) to use as a server for
Weewx.  For several years I ran it fine on an old Ubuntu server that
finally died.  I use a USB-to-serial interface to connect to my Vantage
Pro2 console.

What has been happening is each time I start with a new database
(/var/lib/weewx.sdb) and restart the daemon it sets a final time record in
the database in the future as seen below in this output from a select
dateTime command in sqllite3:

2019-12-19 05:04:00
2019-12-19 05:05:00
2019-12-19 05:06:00
*2020-01-01 21:15:00* <<<<< erroneous entry in the future

I used to be able to fix this problem over the years by removing the
database (or temporarily) renaming it and then issuing this command:

$ sudo /usr/share/weewx/wee_config_vantage --clear

however it seems that the current version of Weewx (using 3.9.2) no longer
has this command.  Instead I found wee_config but that does not seem to
have an option to clear the settings as it used to do.

Simply deleting the database and restarting the daemon just repeats the
same error.  I have checked the VP2 console to confirm it is showing 2019
as the year with correct month and date.

So, I don't know what is causing this incorrect date to be put in the
database and thus locking the database down.  Can someone help me so I can
get things going again?

Thanks much!

Ken Waters
Mesa, AZ