As far as I was aware as far as the weather station software is concerned the
link is serial not Ethernet. Given the inconsistency between the log and what
is believed to be in weewx.conf I suggest you post the output of the wee_debug
utility (http://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_debug_utility). The beauty of
wee_debug is that it will show the weewx.conf that is actually used when WeeWX
is started normally. Just make sure you check the wee_debug output for any
sensitive info before posting, wee_debug is pretty good at obfuscating such
info but it’s not perfect.

Remember a thousand words is good but a config file and log extract is better!

Gary