Thanks for the reply.

It is 300. You are right, if i wait 10min it has started reporting so it is
working.

I am having intermittent issues though and i think it is because i am using
the wrong antenna on the dongle. If i move the station more than 5m away
from the dongle, it loses the signal. And there's no way of knowing i am
losing signal because the 'Signal Quality' field in
http://192.168.1.150/weewx/ just says N/A. Is there no way to parse the
signal quality from rtl_144 to weewx ? I was hoping this would do it, but
it doesn't *rxCheckPercent = status.013E.Acurite5n1Packet*

Also, can anyone tell me what length of antenna i should be using on the
SDR dongle? The sensor is transmitting at 433Mhz. At the moment the antenna
i have is about 12cm long (the type that you find on a wifi access point)
and it loses signal with the sensor when i go 5m+ away.

thanks