Rich,

   Thanks a lot for your suggestion. The new sensor arrived earlier this
week and I was able to install it to day. Fortunately, the replacement was
easy. Even though my unit is listed as compatible, it does have a socketed
sensor inside, so it was an easy plug and play. See image below - adding it
for reference if other people have the same issue.

Thanks,
Jafar