On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 10:23:45 AM UTC+13, Ian Boag wrote:

> I would like to read a copy of what went into index.html.
> wee_config-device --current gives me the current stuff, but the --history
> one just seem to go away for ever. I suppose I could create a very skeletal
> index.html.tmpl, swap it with the real one, run wee_reports then swap them
> back again ...... Seems a bit clunky. Ideally one would like a
> wee_config_device parameter that does it I guess
>
> Is there something I have missed? The reason I want to do this is I am
> running an airfield weather station and I want to do a preferred
> runway/crosswind calculation then insert it into the index.html file. See
> nzdv.avmet.nz. I do it at present py parsing the index.html file but
> that's ugly too.

Having a bit of trouble working the reply function

I know how to make a file something like

Windspeed=$tag for wind speed
Wind Dir = $tag for wind dir
Wind Gust = $tag for wind gust

If I read the weewx docs properly -
f I put this in skins/Standard and call it textstuff.tmpl then wee_reports
should make a file textstuff and put it ..../weewx/index.html?

I want to read the data to make some changes to index.html before I upload
it.  That bit I can manage - just parsing this stuff out of index,html is a
pain