I've now set up my Ecowitt system. Very pleased with it. The main :-( was
the added cost of using a courier (DHL; all they offer) to ship to Europe
and then VAT on the shipping on top. I originally wanted 433Mhz kit but
they could only offer 868MHz at the time and I agreed, although 433Mhz was
my original reason for preferring Ecowitt to buying from Froggit (rebadged
Ecowitt) in Germany. There's some useful info on what can inter-operate
across brand names on wxforum.com.

As it turns out I'm happy with 868Mhz as it seems work flawlessly -- I was
concerned about it having a shorter range (I bought some additional
sensors) -- and it means there's no interference with my existing station,
so I can run in parallel for as long as I like.

I bought both an HP2551 console and a GW1000 gateway. The latter is now
uploading data to an Ecowitt site and I'll use it with a raspberry pi and
WeeWX shortly.

Ecowitt included no documentation with the package (not even one page; no
"Getting Started", no inventory, no pointer to online docs, nothing). This
seemed a little off, but not a huge concern and I was able to set it up,
almost completely, without reading the online documentation.

One surprise was that the GW1000 device is so small it could almost be
overlooked when unpacking. I've connected mine to the back of a NAS (w a
UPS) via a USB extension cable.

Overall, I would recommend without hesitation. The functionality is
excellent and the design of the console display is almost perfect.