Hi -
A bit late to the party, hadn't realised that the weewx-interceptor driver
was under change at the moment.  To give some feedback - I have a Ecowitt
HP2551 and installed weewx on Jan 16th, and got downloaded the interceptor
at that time. I configured it with ecowitt-client device type and set the
HP2551 to send to it.

Everything just worked out of the box!

I do get log entries to say that winddir_avg10m and windspdmph_avg10m are
not recognised but assume that weewx is doing the roll-up anyway (I am new
to weewx, having only previously looked at my results on weather
underground rather than collecting locally).

Thanks for working on this!