When I go to the site you gave zeebytes.org, I actually get
crabapple.dickens.com
Redirects are possible, but I have no idea where to start since I haven't
configured any for my domain.

That is where MQTT is attempting to connect as well.

mqttws31.min.js:36 WebSocket connection to
'wss://crabapple.dickens.com:9001/mqtt' failed: Error in connection
establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT