Checking here:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLRIVER11/graph/2020-01-29/2020-01-29/daily

I pulled the weewx 4.0.0b11 down and used the wunderfixer from the bin
folder.  My commands, minus my api key, were:

cd /home/pi/weewx4/weewx-4.0.0b11/bin
./wunderfixer /etc/weewx/weewx.conf --api-key="my_api_key" --date=2020-01-29

I applied the logic fix to get around the "204" error code. It definitely
*thinks* it's sending the data. Lists every 5 minute observation and says
"...published." after each one.  I've done this three times or more over
the last few days, so it's not a lag issue.

It's looking like it may well be a WU problem that I'll just have to live
with.

Thanks for all your help.