On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 2:27:34 PM UTC-8, J D wrote:

> Sorry to tell you but what you posted has indentation problems in many
> places. I would spend some time reading the link I sent you about python
> indentation and try it again.

The file you are starting with is hosed on the github side.  No way it
works as-is with weewx of any version.

There are 39 places on 32 lines.   Simply substituting 4-spaces for 1-tab
globally doesn't do it, as it results in hosed space-based indenting that
needs hand-fixing to add/delete spaces so the actual code works.