SOLVED: I have followed the extention guide BUT still did not get data into
the extended database. Since I am using the interceptor, I also had add
mapping configurations in the weewx.conf

[Interceptor]
    # This section is for the network traffic interceptor driver.

    # The driver to use:
    driver = user.interceptor
    device_type = ecowitt-client
    port = 8000