Reporting success(ish)....

Spend another 8 hours playing with this, got it to work but not without
caveats:

Did a squeaky clean install based on Matts new 4.0 deb package and using
the 0.54b interceptor with  the latest GIT commit on the PASSKEY.

- listen mode works using ecowitt-client - that was a RTFM error where the
/data/report/ path for the web-call on the station was changed - setting
  this back to the standard path made this work - so happily logging data
again. Btw, my system is running EasyWeather1.4.9 firmware.

- sniff mode is broken - no success with pylibpcap nor with pypcap. I had
to change the source code to make current pylibpcap - which is available for
  ubuntu as package python3-pcapy work at all as syntax has changed but I
am not seeing any packages on the sniffer interface - which leads me to
  believe that there is a more fundamental problem with python3 and pcap in
general. Just to test out this theory, I installed pyshark, which is another
  capture package and that one fails as well as soon as it tries to open an
interface (goes into timeout). I am going to continue to dig here for a
while
  but will likely post a bug on the Ubuntu 20.04 forum as soon as I have
enough evidence gathered.

Thanks for all your help
Max