Logging from Python under MacOS High Sierra and later is a complete
mystery. I have been unable to get it to work and, it seems, neither have
other
<https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/256769/how-to-use-logger-command-on-sierra>
 users
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49805750/macos-high-sierra-syslog-does-not-work/51052538>