I upgraded from 3.5. Remarkably painless. Took maybe 15 minutes.

Thanks!

I had previously set up a duplicate site on a VM and migrated that to 3.9
and then to 4.0. Doing all the prep work and testing took way longer than
doing the actual upgrade.

Next job - upgrade Raspian from Stretch to Buster and then move the site to
Python 3. I expect I'll have a few hiccoughs there due to some custom
Python 2 code. But I've migrated other apps from 2 to 3, and I wrote the
custom code to begin with.