as others have already mentioned you can instruct use of python3 either
 (a) system-wide        e.g. /etc/default or defaults
 (b) startup            e.g. /etc/init.d/weewx or /Library/LaunchDaemons/com
<http://launchdameons.com/>.weewx.weewxd
 (c) embedded           e.g. shebang (insert #!python3 in first line of weewxd)

my platform (macos) provides python2.7 native not python3.7 and i hesitate to
set system-wide in case it impacts some other platform-provided utilities. i
find startup approach inconvenient on macos so i usually use embedded
(shebang), in my case #!/opt/local/bin/python3.7 because that’s where macports
puts python3