I just tried this.

If one clicks the download button from the repository, the file
“weewx-forecast-master.zip” is downloaded.

I’ve changed the instructions to match that.

-wee_extension --install weewx-forecast.zip
+wee_extension --install weewx-forecast-master.zip

BTW, instead of renaming the file, you could have just used:
wee_extension —install master.zip