I cut and pasted:
wget -O weewx-forecast.zip https://github.com/chaunceygardiner/weewx-forecast/
from your email.

Perhaps the difference is the debian install of WeeWX?

Will you try the setup.py method downloading WeeWX from the the weewx.com site?
http://www.weewx.com/downloads/weewx-4.0.0.tar.gz

Then follow steps 3 and 4 here (it will install to /home/weewx — which you can
delete later):
http://weewx.com/docs/setup.htm

You can just run from the command line in step 4; but install forecast
extension before running weewx.

Ignore the output in the terminal (which presumably will just be loop packets)
and check the log for the errors you are seeing.