I was patting myself on the back for thinking I was understanding a little more about not only how weewx worked, but Raspbian, and got brave to go to the file

/etc/weewx/weewx.conf

to change the flag to true to register my installation with weewx and look at some of the other parameters, and as I began to scroll through the file looking at what information were things I can set and if it was to my satisfaction, right near the beginning of the file I found a comment that I shouldn't change this value since it was used for updating purposes, and the line was "version = 3.9.2" although I know full well I have been using 4.0.0 and it says so on my web page at

ecwx.info/weewx

Now that I converted over to 4.0.0, am I supposed to go into that file and update that line to say "version = 4.0.0" instead of 3.9.2?

I didn't touch anything otherwise but look.

Dale