Version: 0.10.0.post1
Author: Stefano Miccoli
Author-email: stefano.micc...@polimi.it
License: LGPLv3
Location: /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages

If you're unfamiliar with the installation of owserver have a look in
this groups history for various mentions of it.
If there are still questions we'll follow up in the morning (mine?)

Basically, it's a case of pointing owserver (/etc/owfs.conf) at your
1-wire interface (usb=ALL /dev/ttyS?  /dev/i2c-1...), and point
owfs.py to talk to owserver (localhost:4304)

=============

07:36 AM $ apt install python3-ow
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python3-ow is already the newest version (3.2p3+dfsg1-2).

==========

08:11 AM $ apt show python3-ow
Package: python3-ow
Version: 3.2p3+dfsg1-2
Section: python
Source: owfs
Maintainer: Vincent Danjean <vdanj...@debian.org>
Installed-Size: 140 kB
Provides: python3.6-ow, python3.7-ow
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), libow-3.2-3, libpython3.6 (>= 3.6.5),
libpython3.7 (>= 3.7.0), python3 (<< 3.8), python3 (>= 3.6~),
python3:any
Homepage: http://owfs.org/
Download-Size: 33.2 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/main armhf Packages
 The 1-Wire bus is a cheap low-speed bus for devices like weather
 sensors, access control, etc. It can be attached to your system via
 serial, USB, I2C, and other interfaces.
 .
 Python 3 bindings for the OWFS 1-Wire support library have been produced
 with SWIG and allow access to libow functions from Python code.

===============

07:40 AM $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi
# Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source'
#deb-src http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib
non-free rpi

===============

07:38 AM $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/";
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums";
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs";

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie