Hi I thought I would upgrade the schema and I know that I don't have
but.....
I couldn't find any documentation on how to do this for *mysql*.
I did it this way and it seems to work. I am using weewx 4.1

stop weewx
Make a backup just in case
mysqldump -uroot -p weewx_new > weewx.sql
Because --reconfigure database makes a database called weewx_new I had to
allow new permissions for the weewx uer
 mysql -uroot -p
 GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP ON `weewx_new`.* TO
'weewx'@'localhost'
 exit mysql
 add the line below to weewx.conf [[wx_binding]]
 schema = schemas.wview_extended.schema
 wee_database --reconfigure
 mysqldump -uroot -p weewx_new > weewx_new.sql
 the line below is the only way to rename the database
 mysql -uroot -p weewx < weewx_new.sql
 delete the weewx_new database
start weewx and cross your fingers.....

I don't know if this is the correct way to do this or if there is
documentation somewhere else but it works.