Sorry Im a little confused here.
If as an example you tried to add something new into weewx.sdb by using
import schemas.wview
schema_extended = schemas.wview.schema + [('whateveryoulikehere', 'REAL')]
in the extension.py file
with
 manager = weewx.manager.DaySummaryManager
I can see people falling into a bit of a black hole as looking back in the
logs
May 27 20:10:16 raspberrypi weewx[1464] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
****    File "_home_weewx_skins_Standard_NOAA_NOAA__Y_txt_tmpl.py", line
862, in respond
May 27 20:10:16 raspberrypi weewx[1464] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'count' while searching for
'month.wind.count.raw'
and it didn't like  $day.wind.max from $day.wind.gustdir.ordinal_compass at
$day.wind.maxtime
So how can you add to weewx.sdb without it changing the structure and
causing these errors
Phil