I think I may know what the problem is. To make the drop down list work,
the templates have to be processed in a specific order: the "By month" and
"By year" first, *then* the "To date" templates. Unfortunately, with the
introduction of Python 3, dictionaries are no longer ordered (they were not
guaranteed to be ordered in Python 2 either, but, in practice, they were),
so the processing order has become random.

The net effect is that sometimes the drop down list works, sometimes it
doesn't.

Look for a fix in V4.1.1. Probably out late tomorrow.

-tk