On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 1:56:18 AM UTC-4, Bent Jensen wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I just wanted for the fun to see if my Weewx station was registered on the
> Weewx map. But it is not!
>
> I checked if I had set the station_register variable to true, which I had.
> And according to the documentation that should be enough as long as there
> allready is set a station_url in the [Station] paragraph (which is set
> to station_url = https://detlillehus.info/weewx).
>
> I have also tried to set a station_url in the paragraph of
> [StdRESTful]
>
>     [[StationRegistry]]
>
> And tried with both my own domain and that of WU, but with no change. By
> the way WU works just fine.
>
> Is there something else I could have done wrong?

there have been a few successful registrations by https://detlillehus.info:

2020.05.26 05:27:12

2020.05.29 04:54:07

2020.05.31 19:13:21

2020.05.31 19:20:42

2020.06.01 05:36:49

2020.06.03 05:43:42

and i can see it in the listing (expand the 'Stations' section):

http://weewx.com/stations.html

if you look in your weewx log file you will see the registration attempts.
if the registration was unsuccessful, you will see a log message with the
reason.  use grep something like this:

sudo grep StationRegistry /var/log/syslog

for example, if you did not configure registration, you will see this:

Jun  3 08:09:58 7up weewx-sdr[6174]: restx: StationRegistry: Registration
not requested.

registration happens immediately

it should never take more than 5 minutes for your station to show up on the
map, assuming that it registered successfully

when registration is enabled, your station will contact the registry server
once per week

if the registry server does not hear from your station for more than 30
days, it will be removed from the map

fwiw, we have been making some changes to the capture system, but this does
not affect the registration.  (when a station is registered, the registry
server attempts to make a screen capture of the website at the url used for
registration.  that image is then displayed in the map.  there are a few
skins that have been causing the capture system to fail.  many stations
with belchertown fail - i think it might be caused by windy.fm, but have
not been able to track it down yet.  possibly need more depth in the
virtual colormap we use to do the captures...)