Hello Wes,

It seems you're missing some basic information on writing a driver. Be sure
to review the docs at http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#porting
(same link Tom just sent). Scroll down to the *Implement a Driver* section,
then look for the *Required Keys* table. You need to always include the
usUnits field where you specify the units for the LOOP packet. So if your
hardware temperature for outTemp natively returns in celcius, then you need
to set usUnit to METRIC or METRICWX depending on what other observations
are also included.

Note that there's no requirement to have all observations in each LOOP
packet. You can return LOOP packets based on the frequency of the
observations, usUnit type or other logical grouping.

Hope this helps,
-Bill