It is normal to have some timeouts as the timeout is set to 1s.

For example, today so far I’ve had 5 connection timeouts on loop-data.  I’ve
also had 3 gauge-data timeouts (I contributed the rsync code for rtgd).

   rsync: gauge-data: connection timeouts             3
   rsync: loop-data: connection timeouts                5

How many of these error messages are you seeing?

John