That's not much of a log excerpt to go by, but here are a few things to
check:

1. Are there other entries in the system log? For example, is there an
instance of modemmanager that is competing for the same port? Or, some
other process? You can list what processes are using a port with the 'lsof'
command. For example,

*lsof /dev/ttyUSB0*

2. Do you have a second instance of weewx running?

3. Try the command 'dmesg'. It will tell you what the kernel has been up
to. Any clues there?

4. Try removing your logger from the console and reseating it.

-tk