On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 9:59:28 AM UTC-7, Andy Sloane wrote:

> I am using the standard skin on Weewx, and would like to create a "staging
> area" where I can experiment with different skins.  This area would be
> completely hidden from public view, unless you had the URL.  Is this
> possible?

Another option is to spin up a throwaway instance of weewx on a pi, or in
docker, or in a virtual machine.   That lets you fiddle and possibly break
things without affecting your production configuration. I've learned the
hard way to never test in production.

(and also have learned multiple times the hard way that I forget that
sometimes too)