Take a look at the prerequisite requirements for the setup.py instructions
<http://www.weewx.com/docs/setup.htm>. Specifically:

sudo apt update

# Requiredsudo apt install python3-configobj
sudo apt install python3-pil
sudo apt install python3-serial
sudo apt install python3-usb

# The following tests for distutils and installs if not present:
python3 -c "import distutils" 2>/dev/null || sudo apt install python3-distutils

# Install pip3 and cheetah3:
sudo apt install python3-pip
sudo pip3 install cheetah3

# Optional: for extended almanac informationsudo apt install python3-ephem

# Required if you are using MySQL (MariaDB):sudo apt install mysql-client
sudo apt install python3-mysqldb